The Scene…

I just woke up this morning at about 8. I already know school is gonna be delayed, so I got to sleep in. I look at my phone and notice my friend has texted me answering my question, “Will we have morning practice for basketball?” I check my phone while still in bed.

Lizzie: No it’s snowing
Me: It’s not snow [my thoughts: “It’s just ice and snow that’s melting on the ground. I call snow ‘white cold stuff that’s stuck on the ground.’]
Lizzie: It is here
I jump out of bed and run to my window
Me: Oh my gosh it’s here too!
[my mom comes in]
Mom: By the way, school is totally canceled.
Me: No science test!
(Sorry science teachers and science lovers, but science is not my best subject and I do not look forward to tests)

Yup, I was really happy because it was a…

(I just figured out how to do that!)

Anyway, visitors, that was morning. I’m really happy that we don’t have school, and that we do have snow. There is still a lot of ice, which is not good, but I’ll take it. Here are some pictures:

20140124-092938.jpg
My dog getting his warm on.

20140124-093013.jpg
My Texas snowman (Ok, sure he doesn’t have a face and is just a lump, but don’t talk about it. He’s sensitive.)

Frosty Footpath - winter snow
Creative Commons License Photo Credit: blmiers2 via Compfight

Ya, that’s not what it looks like, but that’s what I see!

Thanks to the Glitter Text website for the glitter text!

2 thoughts on “The Scene…

1. Kendall, I’m glad you are enjoying your snow day! I think it’s like having a bonus day of Christmas holidays plopped near the end of January. And I liked that it happened on a Friday, giving us a “three-day” weekend! Stay warm!

2. I love your Texas snowman and your adorable pooch getting warm. Wow! What would we do if Austin EVER saw snow like your picture? I can’t even imagine. And, as usual, your writing is incredible!