This Isn’t Even A Snow-Day

Quick Bucket List
1) Fall asleep against a door in a room full of strangers – almost completed, District Lock-In for church
2) Get a Snow Day twice in 1 year – completed 1/24 and 1/28, year 2014
3) Be the only student at school – completed 1/28/14
4) Spend half of a snow day at school – completed 1/28/14

Yes. Right now as I’m writing/posting this, I’m the only student at school. Seriously, it’s a snow day and I’m STUCK AT THE SCHOOL!!! I’m not happy. Everyone else that’s stuck here is really nice, though, so it’s not all bad. No… It’s bad. It’s very, very, very bad. Everyone is just scared because the road is covered in ice, and no one wants to drive but everyone wants to go home. Oh! And I wanted to share this with y’all:

We were just driving along. I wasn’t paying attention, I was in the world of Jeremy Fink trying to find out the meaning of life. Suddenly, the car starts spinning wildly. My backpack falls of the seat. I hold my breath and close my eyes. We’re only spinning for a second but it feels like a lifetime. Finally, it stops. When I open my eyes the car is crawling down the street. We didn’t hit anyone, and nobody hit us. Everything was ok, but I was terrified.

Ya, that’s right. We hit a patch of ice. That’s one reason why nobody wants to leave the school. I don’t call this a snow day. This is an ice day. These are some pictures I took at school and on the way home (I did leave).

20140129-202720.jpg

20140129-202730.jpg

20140129-202744.jpg

20140129-202751.jpg

20140129-202756.jpg

3 thoughts on “This Isn’t Even A Snow-Day

1. Your Bucket List made me laugh! I love #’s 3 and 4. What a horrible experience that must have been for you…nearly getting in a crash and then having to stay at school until it was safe to drive home!