Valentines

As I was driving to school today, thinking maybe today wasn’t going to be as bad as I thought it would…and then I saw the glowing pink sun. I knew there was plenty of ‘blah-blah-blah’ science that was behind it-yawn-but really, today of all days, the sun was pink. See, today was the day that I hate most of all…

Valentine’s Day.

Ya, ok, Valentines Day wouldn’t be that bad, unless you’re me and your name is Princess Crystal Temple. Everyone likes to tease me because my name is “Princess.” My mom has a really sick sense of humor. My sister’s name is Apple Pennie Temple. Anyway, today was destined to be bad. Very bad.
Valentine’s Day has never been good for me. When I was six, my best friend, Jimmy, ditched me for the boys and I was friendless for 2 years due to shyness. When I was 8, I forgot to bring my Valentines from home for the class and the teacher wrote a note home saying that it was “rude and disrespectful for Princess to not participate in this class tradition.” Because of that, I was grounded for a month! Since then, as I’ve gotten older, my curse has always gotten worse.

To be continued…
Double The Love
Photo Credit: D. Sharon Pruitt via Compfight