Happy

When life is going horribly and you need something or someone to make you feel better, what (or who) do you turn to to make you feel better? Maybe your best friend, or your pillow, or maybe your brother or sister. Me? I go to my childhood stuffed-animal, Happy. Right now, Happy is probably sitting on the floor under my bed…she’s feeling the love from a distance. Anyway, I remember when I first got her.

When I was younger, I would always want to go to Build-a-Bear Workshop. I don’t know why, but I did. I thought it was the coolest place ever! I mean, come on, you get to go, build your VERY OWN STUFFED ANIMAL (kind of), and dress it, give it a name, and take it home in a neat little cardboard box. To a five-year-old girl, that place was awesome. I would go there so often, every time getting a dog. I really liked dogs because I had one and he was awesome when he was younger (look at past posts for one about him). One day, when I went, I saw this one dog that looked exactly like my dog Butler. I was so happy! After going though the process, I got to name him/her. So (obviously), I named it Happy because I was five and my vocabulary was as big as the Magic Tree House books allowed it to be. At first, Happy was a boy because my uncle told me that since I got the dog bed that was meant for boys it couldn’t be a girl (my uncle’s only about 7 years older than me, so don’t imagine an adult telling this to a five year old). When I was six, I proceeded to go back to Build-a-Bear and get the girl’s bed, even though I didn’t like it as much (it was pink and VERY VERY FLUFFY! I didn’t like holding it). Since I was six, Happy’s gender has changed about 4 times, but I eventually settled on girl when I was 10 and that’s how it’s stayed. I don’t have Happy’s beds anymore, but I do have her, and I’ll probably keep her forever.