Ok Visitors, Guess What!

Guess what visitors! I’ve made the school basketball team! I’m on the Girls 7th Grade A-Team for the West Ridge Wildcats! GO TEAM! I’ve been playing basketball for 5 years, but this is my first year playing on a school team. My first league (or is it called a group?) was Upward, which is a Christian Basketball league/group for 1st-6th graders (I was in it from 2nd grade to 6th). I loved playing there, but they had different rules than WRMS basketball does, so this year was a big change. Funny story time!

When I was in 3rd grade (I had already been in Upward for 1 year), I remember telling my friend who then challenged me to a 1-on-1 game. It was sad then, but now I laugh at how horrible it turned out. Like I said earlier, the rules were very different, so I didn’t know, for instance, that stealing was allowed. Turns out, my friend did. I remember getting so mad and frustrated because I couldn’t figure out why I was doing so badly! I even tried to ask about it, but I wouldn’t get an answer no matter how hard I tried. After this, I started asking WAY more questions in Upward after that.

So anyway, I made the A-Team. I was so excited when I found out! I now get to play basketball for my school (almost) every Thursday. The team also has my friends on it. It’s really fun to play the sport you love with the people you love to hang out with. Our team’s first game is Thursday November 21, so wish us luck! GO WILDCATS!

Shoreditch Globetrotter
Photo Credit: Fabio Venni via Compfight

One thought on “Ok Visitors, Guess What!